Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Blue Cheese update

Been awhile since I posted but just making the same old thing alot of feta and mozz. Nothing new there but I think the next cheese will be peppered whatever it may be. Want to do a Gouda and almost started one the other day. I was out and about and almost stopped in to get the right milk I need but this recipe calls for 4 gallons of milk and I thought do I have a pot that BIG ? If it calls for 4 gallons of milk I would need a 20qt pot. I went home to check and low and behold the biggest pot I have with an incapsulated bottom is 12 qts. So I guess I gotta buy one first. Here are some pic of the blue now 3 months old and hoping to try it at 4 or 5. Just waiting for the mold on the outside to lose it's ammonia like smell and dry up. So far so good looks just like it should....Scary huh ?


No comments:

Post a Comment