Thursday, August 18, 2011

Flavoring Pistachios

I love flavored Pistachios like chili and lime or jalapeno and the list goes on, but no all are equal in flavor, in fact alot of them have very little flavor but alot of color which I hate because it makes your hands the same color. Some are green some are red etc......I decided to make my own but for the life of me could not find any recipes. All the resources of the world wide web and few if any info on doing it. I decided to make my own recipes. The 2 I have made are AWESOME !!!!!!! I have made chili lime and Pizza flavored. That's right pizza flavored. Here are the recipes. Do not add more liquid than the recipe because the nuts inside will get soft

Chili lime Pistachios

1 whole Pickled pepper
2 Tbl of the juice
1 Teas Citric Acid  ( for the tartness)if u don't have citric acid use lemon pepper.
1 Teas Gran Garlic or fresh
1/2 Teas Hot pepper more or less for your taste
1 Tabl Olive Oil
Blend in processor until smooth
Coat nuts in plastic bag. Pour on greased sheet pan and bake 350 for 1 hour.Toss nuts. Turn off oven and leave the light on for the rest of the day until nuts inside are completely dry.

Pizza Pistachios

4 sprigs of sweet basil
2 Tbl Gran Garlic or fresh
2 Tbl Soy Sauce
2 Tbl olive Oil
1 Teas Hot pepper Optional
1/2 Fresh tom
2 Sun dried Toms

Blend well until smooth and pour into bag to coat nuts. Lay on sheet pan and dry 350 for 30 min. Toss nuts. Turn off heat and leave the light on for the rest of the day until nuts inside are dry.BE careful not to leave the heat on too long because the basil mixture will burn Mine got a little dark but still AWESOME. You can when you turn the heat off sprinkle them with Parmesan cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment