Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Let's make yogurt a bit better


I decided to make yogurt but make it a bit better. I followed the instructions for my yogurt maker which says use 42 oz milk heat to boil then strain and mix in 6oz fresh plain yogurt. Pour into jars and put into yogurt maker 7 hours. Well I wanted a softer yogurt then I have made before so I did not boil, and I used 32oz milk and 10oz half& half and  I brought it up to 95 degrees, no need to strain, no film on top, added about 8oz fresh yogurt, poured into sterilized jars and put into yogurt maker, If you do not have a yogurt maker use a heating pad on low and cover the jars with a small garbage bag but do not put the lids on the jars. Mine came out AWESOME.........Here are some pics and the brand of the yogurt I used is very good. Some store bought brands do not have a live culture so look fo a good organic brand..

No comments:

Post a Comment