Monday, May 23, 2011

OMG Failure

curds sinking


Squeezing excess whey


sliced


nice cubes returned to pot but after this all went bad.. No pics of that
Well I followed the recipe as stated and all looked really well. I cut the drained curd into 1 inch squares, it had knitted very nicely. I poured the hot water over the squares and was supposed to let it sit until temp lowered to 130 1-2 hours but I was running out of time, Bedtime was close at hand to I tried to speed up the process and guess what ? It failed to stretch. Oh well I will do it again but on my day off when I have more time to allow the process the full time required. As you see things don't always turn out as expected or hoped for but one must follow the rules too, and I didn't so I have no one to blame but me. The recipe, I'm sure is a good one just allow for the proper time for it to come to fruitation...Good Cheesing.......Will posts some pics up to failure time. You will see all so progressing nicely.......

No comments:

Post a Comment