Thursday, March 24, 2011

Making Mozzarella for the first time the ugly facts

I have been making mozzarella cheese for a couple of weeks now and have found out that a lot of the recipes and the facts people spout just don't fly in the real world. First it is the picking the right milk syndrome that is your first confusing fact. Organic or not ? Well if you look most organic milks are ultra-pasturized, no good for making any kind of cheese. Look for a local source for the milk and then do your research website etc... to see the process that they use to prepare milk for market. I live in California so I use Berkeley Farms milk at 2.99 a gallon an absolute bargain for a pound of Mozz. When I first started making Mozz everyone told me ( websites ) no Calcium Chloride for Mozz for it will not stretch.....( WRONG ) it will stretch just fine but the finished product will be a bit firmer....Stick with me and I will give you the fool proof recipe for making Mozz and along the way I will share some special changes I have made to better the end product.........

No comments:

Post a Comment