Thursday, March 31, 2011

Lets make the press

I  really want to make cheddar but it looks like it take 50lbs of pressure to compress it to a nice wheel. I looked at cheese presses and they start at around 100 bucks for a simple one. I decided Iwas going to make my own. I did the research and found some ideas people had and decided to try one. Cost me around 20 bucks and looks like it is going to work pretty good. Here are some pics of it. It really does not need any explanation it's pretty straight forward. 4 24" threaded rods, don't try looking for bolt this long you will never find them, I know I looked and found these threaded rods by sheer accident. 8 hex nuts and metal washers to secure the bottom wood plate. 2 squares of wood whatever demensions you want. 1 piece 3" and 1 peice 4" pvc pipe and something to fit inside the 4" pvc as a follower. You can trace the inside of the pvc then cut a piece of wood to fit of use hard plastic.  Good luck...

No comments:

Post a Comment