Thursday, April 7, 2011

Is it Cheddar Yet ?






AND WE HAVE A PERFECT CHEDDAR WHEEL>>>>>YA
Well I did the cheddar thing. Let's hope it works. I have some pics to post. The press is working well. Using sand in a pot to weigh it down. First 10lbs then 20 then 40 it calls for fifty but all i could fit in the pot was about 40. i think that will be fine. I did not want to stack pot for stability reasons....Here are the pics. As you can see whenh I pressed it at 10lbs for 1 hour then 20 for a half hour and I took it out to flip it you will see an indentation. That is from the cloth piled on top of it. I am sure when it is flipped and it is pressed at 40lbs for 12 hours plus it will even out. I will do a new post in the am when I unveil it and wax it. This is Farm Cheddar and it can be eaten directly our aged for 4 weeks which is what I will do....Here are the pics...They speak for themselves. One of the things I forgot until the last minute was the holes. I had to drill many holes for it to drain..I almost forgot.....

No comments:

Post a Comment